Career Development Trip Abroad (LOJIQ)
The Offices jeunesse internationaux du Québec (LOJIQ) is offering a prize of $2000 to a regional prizewinner enrolled in a vocational or technical training program, to enable her to carry out a career development trip abroad.
The winning candidate will have access to a guidance service to help her find a work placement related to her field of study. In addition, LOJIQ will provide medical insurance and public liability insurance.
The winning candidate will have to complete the trip within a year from the date on which the prize was awarded, that is, by May 2013
In order to be eligible for this prize, candidates must meet the following conditions:
- be between 18 and 35 years of age at the time of the work placement
- have graduated (by June 30, 2012) from one of the programs listed at the end of this brochure
- be Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- have resided in Québec for at least one year
- What are your reasons for wanting to undertake a work placement abroad and what impact do you anticipate this placement will have on your personal and career development?
- What steps would you take to prepare for this opportunity (e.g. making contacts, obtaining information on the area)? Describe the ideal work placement for you.