Work Placement in a Laboratory in France (CNRS/LOJIQ)
The Mission for the Place of Women at the Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS) and Les Offices jeunesse internationaux du Québec (LOJIQ) are offering a work placement in one of the CNRS laboratories in France to a candidate who has earned a Diploma of College Studies in technical training.
The CNRS is the largest public scientific research organization in Europe. It has over 1 100 laboratories throughout France and employs more than 34 000 people (technicians, engineers, researchers) in a variety of professions and scientific fields.
These prizes are specifically for women graduating from a program of study leading to a diploma of college studies in the following sectors :
- Administration, Commerce and Computer Technology
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Chemistry and Biology
- Buildings and Public Works
- Land Use Planning and the Environment
- Mechanical Manufacturing
- Forestry and Pulp and Paper
- Mining and Site Operations
- Metallurgical Technology
The winner will be offered a work placement in a CNRS laboratory specializing in her field of study. This work placement will take place in the laboratory of the student’s choice and will extend over a period of two to three months between September 2012 and August 2013.
A cash allowance will be provided by the CNRS.
LOJIQ will provide round-trip air transportation to France, a $500 living allowance as well as medical and civil liability insurance.
- Candidates must be between 18 and 35 years of age at the time of the work placement.
- They must have graduated (by June 30, 2012) from one of the programs of study selected.
- They must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- They must have resided in Québec for at least one year.
The candidate’s portfolio must include her letter of introduction and her answers to the following questions :
- What are your reasons for wanting a work placement in a CNRS lab in France, and what impact do you think this placement will have on your personal and professional development?
- What steps would you take to prepare for this opportunity (e.g. making contacts, obtaining information on the area)? Describe the ideal work placement for you.