Have you experienced job insecurity? Tell us your story...
Equity Prize (FTQ)
The Fédération des travailleurs et travailleuses du Québec (FTQ) awards two cash prizes of $2000 to a vocational training student and a technical training student who were employed in an unstable job (e.g. part-time, on call, on contract, temporary).
Women do not have to be regional winners to apply for these prizes.
The candidate’s portfolio must include her letter of introduction and her answers to the following questions :
- Why did you choose to train or retrain for a traditionally male-dominated occupation? Describe your experience in an unstable job?
- How will your training and work experience of union, social or volunteer involvement help you to:
- overcome obstacles and take your place within the team?
- be accepted and gain the respect of the male majority?
- keep your job?
- In your opinion, what can unions do to ensure that women continue to work in male-dominated professions?
To learn more about the FTQ and its former prizewinners, go to www.femmes.ftq.qc.ca.