Candidates must answer all general questions on career choice in the regional section of the contest:
- What are the highlights of your personal, academic or working life?
- Where do your interest and enthusiasm for a traditionally male-dominated occupation come from?
- Describe your chosen occupation, the duties involved and your physical or social working environment.
- What personal abilities do you have that would make a traditionally male-dominated occupation right for you?
- What does the slogan Take your place mean to you? Explain how you would take your place in a predominantly male work environment.
- Based on your education, what projects do you have in mind for when you have obtained your diploma?
- What reasons, other than financial, motivated you to take part in the Contest?
The candidates’ portfolios will be judged by the competition’s partners from the world of education, the job market and business, according to the following criteria:
- submission of a complete portfolio
- quality of the presentation
- clarity of the answers
- authenticity and persuasiveness of the answers
- relevance of the candidate’s reasons for participating in the competition
- a favourable recommendation by the educational institution
- academic record (a candidate cannot have had more than two failures in the past semester of attendance)
The regional prizes will be awarded at official ceremonies that will take place throughout Québec in the spring of 2013.
The provincial prizes will be awarded at a gala ceremony in June 2013.