By recognizing subject-specific and interdisciplinary projects that are simultaneously educational, artistic and open to partnership and collaboration, the Ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport (MELS), the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications (MCC) and their partners seek to:
- promote the importance of quality artistic and cultural education and the excellent quality of teachers’ work and that of their partners
- promote activities linking the Arts Education subjects taught in the schools—Drama, Visual Arts, Dance, Music—with the other subjects
- foster collaboration and dialogue among members of the education, arts and cultural sectors in order to facilitate the integration of the cultural dimension across the curriculum
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY
The project must meet the following requirements:
- It must feature at least one of the four Arts Education subjects.
- Its activities must be carried out in collaboration with the Arts Education teacher and comply with the approach used in teaching the Arts Education subjects in question.
- It must have received input from the school team or school board, as well as from partner organizations.
- It must be carried out mainly during school hours, or be an extension of Arts Education courses taught by the school. The main activities of projects being carried out in the 2011-2012 school year must start no later than February 2012, and must be completed by the end of the school year.
- It must be consistent with the educational orientations and values of the Québec Education Program.
- Schools that have won a regional Essor Recognition Award three years running may not submit a project for a fourth year unless the current project is completely different from any previous ones.
- It must be accompanied by relevant additional documentation (see the Supporting documents).
- PROJECT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: MAY 31, 2013.