Submitting the Project, Application Form and Documentation
The following groups and organizations may submit a project:
- any team representing an elementary or secondary school (public or private) or group of such schools
- a school board that has developed an arts or cultural project in collaboration with a school cultural committee or partners in the arts and culture sectors
Please note that we have simplified the project submission process, and you now have only one application form to complete. The duly signed last page of this application form must be sent to Diane Forget by fax at 418-643-0056.
To send in the application form (using the Web-based tool):
- Open the PDF file in this section.
- Complete the interactive PDF form and save it to your computer, or save the form to your computer and complete it later.
Once you have completed the form:
- Open the Web-based tool for submitting the project file
- Upload the application form.
You can also upload supporting documents to complement your application using the Web-based tool, which accepts Word, Excel, JPG and PDF files of up to 2 MB each.
Audio and video documents must be sent by mail, and the names of the project coordinator and school must be clearly indicated.
Submission of supporting documents is mandatory for a project to be eligible. It enables the selection committee to examine both the creative process of the project as well as the quality of the final product.
These may include:
- any document presenting the various stages of project development (visual presentation of the process, electronic portfolio showing the evolution of the project, etc.
- any document showing the student(s) in action (photographs, videos of rehearsals, final product, etc.)
- any document considered relevant in assessing your submission
Supporting documents must be submitted using the Web-based tool. Audio and video clips, however, must be submitted on CD or DVD using QuickTime or Windows Media Player, compatible with PCs or DVD players, and must be sent by regular mail. All supporting documents must be submitted or mailed no later than May 31, 2012. For documents that exceed the size limit or are not compatible with the required formats, please send an email to:
email@example.com no later than May 28, 2012. Below are a few examples of supporting documents:
On CD or DVD:
- a digital audio recording (up to 5 minutes)
- a short video clip (up to 5 minutes)
Using a Web-based tool:
- newpaper articles
- promotional tools
These documents must include excerpts from the different stages of the creative process or from the final product itself. For example:
- an audio or video clip, in the required format, in the case of a music projet
- a video clip, in the required format, in the case of a drama or dance project
- students’ photographs or other works, in the case of a visual arts project
When supporting documents contain captured images (video clips, photographs, etc.) or an audio clip that makes it possible to identify a student, the project coordinator must ensure that the student’s parent or legal guardian has been informed of this and that he or she consents to having the student submit a project to the Ministère.
All supporting documents (CD and DVD) are to be sent to the following address:
The Essor Recognition Awards – 2011-2012 School Year
Direction générale des services à l’enseignement
Ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport
Édifice Marie-Guyart, 17e étage
1035, rue De La Chevrotière
Québec (Québec) G1R 5A5